Setting up Linksys extender is easy using extender.linksys.com. Just follow the instructions provided in this article. We give you our words – by the end of this article, you will surely be able to configure your Linksys extender using extender.linksys.com.
Instruction to Set Up Linksys Extender
Step 1: Unbox your range extender and choose a working wall socket for it.
Step 2: Connect the Linksys extender to your router using an Ethernet cable.
Step 3: Plug in the extender to a working socket.
Step 4: As soon as you turn on your extender, the power LED on it will start blinking. Wait till it gets stable.
Step 5: Turn on your computer/laptop anything you have.
Step 6: Open an internet browser.
Step 7: Enter extender.linksys.com in the address bar and press Enter.
Step 8: Linksys WiFi login page displays.
Step 9: A window will display asking for you to enter the extender’s default password. Enter it carefully and click Log In.
Step 10: Hover the mouse cursor over the Wireless tab and click on Basic Wireless Settings.
Step 11: Click on Manual and enter the WiFi network name in the Network Name (SSID) field.
Step 12: Wireless Security pop up will display. Ensure to select the security settings that matches with your router. For instance, if you have a Linksys router than enter Linksys router login password in the Passphrase field and click Save Settings.
Step 13: Unplug your Linksys extender and router. Plug in your router first. Wait for a couple of minutes. Plug in your Linksys extender. Wait for all the LEDs on the extender to be stable.
To check whether your extender is successfully installed or not, access the Linksys WiFi setup page using extender.linksys.com.
Are you facing issues to access Linksys WiFi setup page using extender.linksys.com? If so, it seems there is a fault from your end or you haven’t configured the extender in a proper manner. Need not to worry! The mistake can easily be rectified. Have a quick glance below and see what mistake you have committed.
- Maybe the wall plug isn’t working.
- The power supply being supplied to your extender isn’t continuous.
- Your extender and router aren’t properly connected.
- The Ethernet cable you have used is damaged.
- You haven’t waited for the extender’s LEDs to become stable.
- The device (computer or laptop) software is outdated.
- You have committed typing errors while entering extender.linksys.com.
- You have entered the web address in the browser’s search bar.
- Maybe you have used a wrong password for accessing Linksys WiFi setup page.
- The router’s security settings aren’t matching with the Linksys device.
- You have not followed the setup steps correctly or skipped a step.
As soon as you come to know what mistake you have made during the Linksys extender setup process, rectify it right away. After correcting the mistake, you will surely be able to configure and get the most out of your Linksys extender.What happened? Finding Linksys extender setup manual method tricky? Don’t want to apply the entire process again after rectifying the mistake? Want easy method for configuring the extender? If so, then we have a solution for you. Yes, the Linksys extender setup process can be performed easily without any messy configuration manual steps. Want to know how? Scroll down a little!
Linksys Extender Setup Using WPS Method
- First thing first, if you have connected your router, PC or laptop with the extender, consider disconnecting them.
- Then, locate the WPS button on your Linksys extender.
- Once found, push it and wait for a couple of minutes.
As soon as the LEDs on the extender are stable, it means that your Linksys extender has been successfully configured. Now, you can access the Linksys WiFi setup page using extender.linksys.com and change the extender settings as per preferences.
So, this article proved a helpful hand to you while configuring your Linksys WiFi extender? Let us hear from you via comments.