VPN i.e. Virtual Private Network gives you a safe online environment by creating a private network from a public internet connection too. You can protect your identity along with browsing activity from hackers, government agencies, and more. Having a VPN is important in many ways, one of those is keeping your data and IP address hidden through a virtual tunnel. This way you can protect intruders from spying on you.
When it comes to working on VPN, all you have to do is install a VPN service on your device and ensure that you rely on a paid service as it gives more security to your browsing activities, reduces potential risks and encrypts your data so that it can be secured from prying eyes. Using a reliable VPN service is safe as it increases the security preventing data breach and loss.
Table of Contents
What is a VPN?
Virtual Private Network or a VPN acts as a bridge between the user and the potential cyber threats by hackers, businesses and more. It employs various techniques and methods to safeguard your privacy and data that are otherwise vulnerable and exposed online. While surfing the internet, it is very much important that you have a VPN turned on so that no one can track your IP address, your online browsing activity, and the data you are either sending or receiving over the internet. If you are still in question why you should use a VPN while surfing the internet, here are a few reasons why.
3 Popular Reasons For Using A VPN Other Than Security
Apart from security, there are several other reasons too. Let’s check them out.
1. Anonymity: Other than security reasons, a reliable VPN service respects and preserves user’s anonymity by allowing them to explore the internet from different location servers. The traffic is therefore diverted to a different location other than the original one and protects from potential cyber attacks.
2. Breaks Geo-Restrictions: While we are looking for the popular reasons to use a VPN, one more in the list is breaking geo-restrictions. While you are staying in a country where the content on the internet is geo-restricted. With a good VPN service you can break the barrier of geo-restrictions and surf content in any part of the world.
3. Using Public Wi-Fi: However, public Wi-Fis are accessible easily and for free. Also, these public Wi-Fis are prone to data breach and attacking malware. Therefore, when public WI-Fi is the only option, VPNs come as a rescue. It provides you with a safe and secure tunnel for all your browsing needs.
If you’re looking for a reliable VPN service provider, check out these top options listed below.
Browse Securely With These Top 3 VPNs For Mac
In the list of best VPNs for macOS, NordVPN tops the list where you get access to 5400+ servers, 60+ server locations, data encryption and more. It is a secure VPN available for all popular operating systems including Windows, iOS and Mac. NordVPN offers two versions to the macOS users:
- IVEv2 for App store clients
- OpenVPN for Mac
- Encrypts data twice for better protection
- Good speed and better performance.
- Easy to use interface.
- Vast servers.
2. CyberGhost VPN
To secure or hide digital footprint and render yourself anonymously with CyberGhost VPN. This smart VPN for macOS provides users with 3600+ servers available across 60 countries worldwide. CyberGhost VPN puts no bar on torrents, live chat support, and many more features. It guarantees no log, strong encryption, and a kill switch to handle security breaches.
- Strong encryption.
- No log policy.
- Wi-fi protection.
- Secure transaction and conversation.
Another amazing and reliable VPN service provider IPVanish ensures robust prevention against cyber threats. IPVanish VPN ensures internet traffic encryption, and makes your IP anonymous to safely browse across online platforms anytime and anywhere. IPVanish VPN is a host to 1300+ servers, 60+ server locations, and 40000+ IP addresses, supporting users to surf the web without a trace.
- Advanced security and privacy features.
- 10 simultaneous connections on multiple devices.
- Unlimited server switching.
- Unlimited P2P traffic.
Indeed, Using VPN Is Beneficial!
Basically, VPN or Virtual Private Network offers utmost security and privacy by masking your online identity and activities so as to prevent you from being tracked by cyber criminals, and hackers. The top 3 VPN service providers for Mac listed above are the best choices in order to provide you with the best online privacy protection. While it is quite popular to use a VPN for several benefit reasons, there are still some drawbacks to it. For instance, a VPN can even leak your IP address. Before buying a VPN service, ensure that you check the level of encryption. Do not just rely on any random VPN service provider.
Which VPN service do you use? Do let us know in the comments section below.