Every commercial business has its own packing requirements at a particular time. The use of packing crates will be considered for convenience and ease of transport. There are also businesses that often use packing containers, especially crates, to transport their products. These include industry sectors such as removal and storage, distribution, food, retail, logistics, manufacturing, automotive, pharmaceuticals and local government.
Today, there are companies that offer highly durable nally plastic crates. They offer a wide range of crates to choose from among those available for rent. Plus, such crates can be for sale whenever the business chooses it. There are other packing materials that can be used for their intended purpose. There are bakery trays, food pallet boxes and collapsible containers that will suit a wide variety of uses.
Types of plastic crates
This type of crate is most commonly used. History has it that before the widespread use of plastics, crates made of wood and metal were the predominant types. Today, plastic boxes are made durable to withstand harsh movements. When empty, each type is designed to open a crate inside. When filled, the crates are stackable. When they are equipped with integral lids, they are usually shower proof.
Tips for using boxes
- Renting or owning crates for packing or relocating includes liability for their use. This section provides some tips when using plastic boxes.
- When they are full, the lid on the crate should close completely. Security seals can be ordered with boxes for more secure transportation. No other type of tape should be used while sealing the crate. Also, use mailing labels and sticking pieces of paper on the crates are not allowed.
- Use the right type of crate to transport a particular product. For example, if a computer item is to be packaged, a computer crate should be used.
- Keep enough room to stack the crates. When stacking, it is recommended to fill one empty crate at a time and only stack up to 4 crates.
- Avoid filling the crates. If the lid cannot be closed properly because the crate is already full, use another empty crate to fill. Over field crates are impossible to stack and there is a high chance of crushing the items placed inside. The recommended weight for each filled crate is only 25kg.
- Boxed stationery should be kept out of the crate, bearing in mind that it will be placed in a cage.
- Filing cabinets are usually completely moved so that they are not empty, unless otherwise advised by a representative.
- When carrying fragile items, it should also be protected with paper or bubble wrap. Then the crate should be marked as fragile.
- To prevent itching, the crate should never be placed on top of the desk.
- Building materials like concrete should not be carried by crate.
A pallet is a flat structure for transportation. It provides support by providing stability when goods are airlifted by a jacking device such as a forklift, front loader or pellet jack. It is also the structural foundation that allows the handling and storage efficiency of a specific unit load.