The company file of your QuickBooks stocks the financial accounts. When a user tries to upgrade the company file while coping with a competitive advantage, they may get a QuickBooks problem. It frequently occurs while accessing a business file from a network server or recovering a backup.
The entire procedure will be disrupted, resulting in a frustrating situation. Let’s rapidly handle this with the QuickBooks error resolution guide. Before digging deep, it is advised that you have a better understanding of the problem’s scope and causes.
When a user is upgrading company files to a newly published version of QuickBooks Desktop, recovering a backup, or viewing a file on another computer, the 6123 error number occurs.
Table of Contents
QuickBooks Error Code 6123: What is it?
When using the QuickBooks application operates well, your operations run smoothly as well; however, when it stops operating, your company does not flow properly.
Considering QuickBooks is one of the greatest programs for businessmen of large and small businesses to effortlessly save all information connected to their company activity, such as financial information, employee details, and other vital data, it is one of the best applications. As a result, it ensures that your business runs smoothly at all times.
However, QuickBooks occasionally encounters unexpected error messages that are difficult to interpret. QuickBooks Error Code 6123, is a recent error message that many users and administrators have seen.
We’ll go through a few alternative ways to resolve the QuickBooks 6123 problem in this post. Because the reason for the issue may vary per user, it may be difficult to determine the best remedy for your situation. Starting with the first solution is the best method. If it doesn’t work, move on to the next option, etc.
Why does QuickBooks Error 6123 occur?
So now, anytime you see this mistake, you may use the methods further shown in the article, to resolve it on your own, and I hope it works for you. But first, let’s go over the most common causes of QuickBooks error code 6123 0, and see why does it occur.
- The QuickBooks database is operating in several instances.
- The file is being blocked by a firewall or antivirus application.
- If your Operating system is broken.
- QuickBooks data are broken or corrupted.
- The server-to-host computer network connection has been corrupted.
- It’s possible that there’s a problem with the host server where your company file is stored.
Also see: Why Should We Learn Calculus in Maths?
Troubleshooting QuickBooks Error 6123
Solution 1 – Delete the Special Character in the File
QuickBooks error 6123 0 might occur if your file contains unusual characters. As a result, ensure that the QuickBooks file name is fewer than 30 characters long and has no spaces or special characters.
Solution 2 – Start the QuickBooks File Doctor
QuickBooks File Doctor is a repair application that allows you to check and help resolve issues in your QuickBooks business file. The following are the steps to using this tool:
- Start by downloading the QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- Once the QuickBooksToolHub.exe is installed, follow the command onscreen.
- After finishing the download, open the Tool Hub.
- On the Company File Issues tab, hit the QuickBooks Run button.
- Choose the Browse and select the QuickBooks file.
- Click the Continue button after selecting the Check your file and network option.
- Click Continue after entering the Admin Password.
- The program will take some time to restore and fix your Quickbooks company file.
- Then click the Next button after selecting the file location where the business file will be saved.
- Select the QuickBooks business file from the list when you’ve finished the repair procedure.
- Select Open QuickBooks from the drop-down menu.
Solution 3 – During setup Rename the File .ND and .TLG
To fix the error code 6123, it is recommended to rename the QuickBooks Company File. To proceed, follow the steps mentioned below:
- Open the folder that contains your QuickBooks business file.
- Right-click on the.ND file that corresponds to your company filing.
- From the context menu list, choose the Rename option.
- .ndold should be used instead of .nd.
- Similarly, find and right-click on the.TLG file.
- Rename the .tlg file to .tlgold by selecting Rename.
- Try opening the file now to see whether the QuickBooks problem 6123, 0 has been resolved.
Read More: com error QuickBooks 2017
Solution 4 – Give Proper Permission to the Folder
If you don’t have the proper access to the folder where the business file is stored, QuickBooks will display the 6123 error. In that situation, correct folder permissions could be able to fix the problem. To set suitable folder access, follow these steps:
- Locate the company file and Right-Click on the folder and choose Properties.
- The Property windows will show up, hit the Security, and click Advanced afterward.
- Now, you must choose for the QBDataServiceUser, and from the options hit Edit.
- Allow all the necessary settings listed below:
- List Folder/Read Data
- Read Attributes
- Create Files/Write Data
- Read Permissions
- Traverse Folder/Execute File
- Write Attributes
Also read: Add an Accounting Software in your toolkit.
Hopefully, the solutions provided above will assist you in resolving QuickBooks problem 6123. If you are experiencing any other problems in addition to this error, you should use the QuickBooks Repair Tool. It will undoubtedly assist you in resolving QuickBook’s problems and troubles. To avoid data loss, always remember to back up your firm files.