Documents required for the sole representative visa


The UK sole representative visa documents required are

  1. A complete description of the business’s activities, including details of assets and accounts, business distributions, ownership records of previous years.
  2. A letter of the statement confirming that the overseas business will be set up either as a fully-owned subsidiary or a branch in the UK with the same business activity as it runs in the Home country.
  3. Sole representative’s
  4.  job description, salary details, and employment contract details.
  5. A letter of the statement confirming your familiarity with the business and have the power to make operational decisions on behalf of the business.

It would help if you also evidenced that:

  • You are directly employed by the business and are not acting as a sales agent and simultaneously work for yourself (for example, you have been hired by a business as a salesman to sell or distribute their products within the UK, but you work for yourself and provide your services for a fee)
  • You have been recruited to the business running outside of the UK
  • You hold a senior position in the business(for example, an HR manager or a Senior manager) with authority to make decisions on its behalf and set up and run a registered branch or fully owned subsidiary
  • You will be working full time for the business for the duration of your stay and will not carry out any other work outside your business.
  • You do not own more than 50% of the overseas business shares.

Additionally, you will be asked to show the following documents

  1. a valid passport with a few blank pages, else you may have to apply for a fresh passport
  2. Any other valid travel identification document
  3. Proof of finances that you can support yourself and any dependants during your stay, for example, bank statements or payslips for the last 6 months
  4.  English language proficiency test proof

While applying from overseas, you will also need to provide:

  • details of your accommodation during the stay
  • If you are from a country where you need to take the tuberculosis test, you need to provide the test reports.

All visa applicants must evidence certified translation of any documents that are not in English or Welsh. Documents that can be certified are:

  1. Passports
  2. Photocard driving licence
  3. Letters from a hospital/doctor
  4. Letters from a government department
  5. Gas, electricity or council tax bills
  6. Bank/building society tenancy agreement or credit card statements

It may appear daunting to you at first to see the checklist, and we suggest that you take assistance from an immigration lawyer. A Y & J Solicitors have helped over 4000 clients in 10 years. They have the best immigration lawyers in London, who help provide bespoke solutions to any immigration need.