From movie tickets to online shopping, it is hard to miss the fact that nearly every other payment we make these days usually comes with added benefits or discounts for certain credit cardholders. This just goes to show how credit cards have become the most widely used cashless payment method in the recent past. Not only do they provide people with the opportunity of using the bank’s funds for personal expenses, but they also come with a wide range of rewards and benefits in the form of redeemable points, discounts, etc.
However, one of the most widespread concerns in this respect is the procedure that one has to go through while applying for a credit card. In fact, for first-time applicants going through the best credit cards in India, understanding the different terms and conditions, and then choosing and applying for the perfect card can be daunting. It is in this context that online credit card application comes as a boon. One can now go through various cards and apply for the chosen one — all from the comfort of their homes. But how should one go about doing it? Here is a brief guide to take you through the online credit card application process.
Credit Card Application – Online Process
When it comes to credit card application online, the process involves two main aspects — choosing the card and then applying for it. While choosing the correct card, the customer is bound to be spoilt for choice. There are many banks that offer various cards, each with a different set of pros and cons, and it is solely up to the customer to decide in which aspect they would be spending the most, and thus pick the relevant card.
For example, cards like HDFC Bank Superia Credit Card and Axis Bank Smart Traveller Credit Card provide great benefits relating to travel expenses, while the likes of Axis Ace Credit Card and Amazon Pay ICICI Credit Card specialize in shopping or other retail expenses. Another great card to look into is the Bajaj Finserv RBL Bank SuperCard that has amazing rewards and welcome gifts, among its other features. Now that you know how to pick the best card, it is time to look into the online credit card application process. The steps to be followed are as mentioned below.
- Go to the website of the concerned bank
- Apply for the card by filling up the required form
- Provide the necessary details and submit
- The bank will get in touch with you through your registered contact information, once the application has been processed.
Benefits of Online Credit Card Application
Much like everything else, the online application of credit cards has brought about significant change in the process. It is now much more user-friendly, fast and hassle-free. The three primary benefits of applying for a credit card online are as follows:
- Convenience: The process is hassle-free as it does not require you to wait in queues, carry around paperwork or waste any time on the whole process. All you need is a computer with an internet connection and you are set to apply for a credit card from anywhere in the world.
- Comparing different cards: Applying online means you can compare the best credit cards in India at the same time, rather than visit each bank and look up the cards they offer. This doesn’t only save time but also allows you to compare many more options.
- Faster processing time: Online applications tend to be processed faster than manual ones. Hence, you can expect to hear back from the bank sooner.
With all this information in place, it must be now clear that online credit card applications are safe and come with great perks. It doesn’t matter if you pick the Axis Bank Smart Credit Card, Bajaj Finserv RBL Bank SuperCard, or any other card; applying online surely makes the process much easier and convenient.